Located in Reston, Virginia, ClueTrust was founded in 1999. Their flagship application, Cartographica, was the first modern, Cocoa-based GIS package for the Macintosh. Building on this foundation, ClueTrust is also building geospatial solutions for iOS mobile devices, such as the Apple iPad and iPhone.
Cartographica is a native, commercial GIS for computers running Mac OS X. Built from the ground up to bring the power and simplicity of the Macintosh user interface to Geospatial Information Systems, Cartographica provides the ability to explore, analyze, and present data from many sources and in many formats.
Cartographica is a professional GIS for the Macintosh, including:
- Over 100 vector and raster formats supported for import
- High-quality Adobe Illustrator and KML export
- Flexible styles for creating choropleth maps
- Extensive support for network-based map data, including WMS, WFS, and Bing Maps
- Built-in analysis functions such as kernel density mapping, buffers, and more
- Computed columns using algebraic and geometric functions to derive new data from old
- Georeferencing of images (new for 1.2)
- Manual or server-based geocoding of addresses
ClueTrust is happy to provide the free program, LoadMyTracks, to facilitate importing and exporting data between Mac OS X computers and GPS devices from many manufacturers, including:
- US Globalsat
Export the data from your GPS to KML or GPX and use it on your blog or in your favorite fitness program.