Skyline Software Systems, Inc. is the leading provider of 3D earth visualization software and services. Skyline offers a platform of applications, tools and services for the creation and dissemination of customized, interactive, photo-realistic 3D environments. Focusing on core competencies of 3D earth visualization, model creation, data fusion, terrain analysis and collaboration, Skyline provides tools that delivers on the needs of enterprise customers: flexibility; efficiency and robustness. Skyline’s core product offering, SkylineGlobe, is a web-enabled, interactive 3D globe that supports macro earth level views down to photorealistic street-level urbanscapes and even underground views fused with traditional geospatial and location based data and enhanced by real-time data (video, asset tracking, sensor data...). Skyline’s applications and services have been selected as the best-of-breed solution by government, military, intelligence and commercial clients across the globe.
Skyline’s PhotoMesh fully automates the generation of high-resolution, textured, 3D mesh models from standard 2D photographs, offering a significant reduction in cost and time compared to traditional modeling methods.
PhotoMesh’s breakthrough technology is based on the highest-performance photogrammetry, computer vision, and computational geometry algorithms. Combining any number of photographs, in a wide range of formats and resolutions, PhotoMesh generates highly-detailed 3D models that can be viewed and queried using TerraExplorer or other 3D, GIS products.
PhotoMesh employs elaborate tiling mechanisms to efficiently handle projects with even hundreds of thousands of photos. Running on standard hardware, PhotoMesh can also exploit computer clusters and cloud computing to accelerate database creation.
A single project can run simultaneously on hundreds of fuser machines, each processing different build steps and communicating with PhotoMesh Manager.
- High Quality - generates a full-3D mesh model that faithfully reproduces even small-scale details such as cars, trees, fences, and walls - all with advanced color balancing and high-quality texturing.
- Scalability- efficiently handles even hundreds of thousands of photos using an elaborate tiling mechanism. PhotoMesh exploits multi-computer architecture (fusers) to further accelerate database creation, running a single project simultaneously on hundreds of machines.
- High Performance - can run its efficient algorithms fluidly on standard GPUs, or exploit multi-core and multi-computer processing to further accelerate database creation. A single project can run simultaneously on hundreds of fuser machines, processing tens of km2 per day
- Efficient Management - Manager provides comprehensive information on the progress of each build step and the active fusers, highlighting tiles with errors, and allows the viewing of intermediate data while the build is in progress
- Intuitive GUI - provides powerful visualization capabilities and tools, including photo projection on the terrain and project preview, which facilitate accurate evaluation and adjustment of photo and camera parameters.
TerraBuilder is a 3D terrain database creator with professional-grade tools for manipulating and merging aerial photos, satellite images, and digital elevation models of different sizes and resolutions. The resulting photo-realistic, geographically accurate terrain database can be made available to local TerraExplorer clients or published to remote clients (using the SkylineGlobe Terrain service).
- Interoperability - Supports wide range of layer types
- Flexible Layer Manipulation - Range of editing tools for maximum precision
- High Performance - Efficient terrain creation process
- Near Real-Time Updates- avoid time consuming recreation fo complete MPT files using DirectConnect
- Efficient Data Management - Manage and share enterprise information across your organization
TerraExplorer Pro (Desktop) - Cutting-edge 3D GIS desktop viewer and creator for viewing, querying, analyzing, and presenting geospatial data in a high resolution 3D environment, as well as creating and publishing realistic 3D views.
With TerraExplorer's robust and extensive capabilities and ever-increasing interoperability, stunningly realistic 3D visualizations can be created by overlaying the terrain with unlimited data layers, 3D models, virtual objects and more.
- Multi-layered Visualizations
- Powerful Analysis
- Open Standards support
- High Performance
- Vibrant Visual Effects
- GIS Feature Data
- Publishing Tools